You’ve signed up, and are just a couple steps away from launching your fundraiser. We’ve put together some tips on how to create a successful Igloo.
Adding a fundraiser image or video
This image will appear at the top of your fundraiser and as the thumbnail image when your fundraiser is shared. Here are some tips for choosing a good image:
- Select a high-quality image of the cause or person you’re raising money for.
- Use a JPEG, PNG, or BMP format to ensure that it’s uploaded properly.
- If an image is not uploaded correctly, try to change its size.
Writing your story
Try to tell a direct, personal, and relatable description of your Igloo.
Here are some great things to include:
- Who are you?
Briefly introduce yourself and your cause. If you’re raising money for someone else, also introduce them and explain how you know this person.
- What are you raising money for?
Describe your cause and the current circumstances.
- How will the donations be used?
Try to be specific so donors can understand the impact they will make by supporting your cause.
- How else can people help?
Ask people to help you spread the word about your cause, and end by sharing your gratitude for any potential support.
Publishing your fundraiser
Once you add your image and write your story, we recommend that you preview your fundraiser before publishing it to make sure everything looks good. But don’t worry if you think your story is not perfect yet, because you can always go back and make edits later.